Located in the island of Hispaniola, the Dominican Republic is the second largest and the most diverse Caribbean country. It has high population strength of nearly 10 million people. Christopher Columbus is known to have landed on this island in 1492.
- Isla Saona- Located in Parque Nacional Del Este, this place is beautiful with its lovely boat rides, clean waters, white sand and beautiful coconut trees.
- Santo Domingo- Santo Domingo is one of the oldest cities in New World, which opens up its historical stories.
- Eastern National Park- Known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Eastern National Park is home to hundreds of species.
- Casa De Campo Resort and Villas- A 4-star resort with facilities offering you babysitting, fitness centre, spa, bar/lounge, airport transportation, etc.
- Barcelo Santo Domingo- Located in Santo Domingo, here you get special services like multilingual staff, a hot tub, casino and gambling, banquet room, etc.
- Casas Del XVI- Based in Santo Domingo, this 4-star hotel offers a romantic ambience with their luxury boutique hotels.
- Filigrana- Located in Santo Domingo, this restaurant offers Fusion, Caribbean and Mediterranean food.
- Hard Rock café- Enjoy good American cuisine at the 4th floor of the Blue Mall in Santo Domingo with friends and family.
- Baileys Restaurant- Get to taste vegetarian and vegan dishes in this place which is in Sosua.
- Mangu- a traditional side dish made of boiled plantains.
- Tostones- these are twice fried plantain slices.
- Locrio- A rice dish with seasoned rice with some meat.
Dominican Republic has a warm climate throughout the year. The best time to visit it would be from March to May.
You can easily travel around in Guaguas which are the local buses, taxi or by hired cars.